I wanted to share with you a funny video I saw on youtube. It is part of an interview with Jerry Seinfeld, in which he expresses his views about Blackberries and I-phones.
Of course there are extreme cases of people who are addicted to their mobiles and just cannot stop texting, checking e-mails, tweeting, or updating their stats. But what Seinfeld amusingly criticizes in this video is something every one of us is familiar with.
We need to reflect about the kind of use we are giving these technological devices. Surely they are very practical, but I feel we are putting them in a place they should not occupy.
We are becoming more and more dependent on virtual communication and leaving aside face-to-face human interaction. However great it is to be instantly in touch with someone in any part of the world, this can never replace the strong connection you establish with people when they are physically present. And let’s not forget the inevitable misunderstandings arising from this type of communication.
In the end it is a matter of finding a balance. We can enjoy the latest technological gadgets and still experience life for ourselves, through our own senses, without losing touch with reality.
I hope you dance
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment