I have never been a fan of power point presentations, but I was positively surprised by the Pecha Kucha format. I greatly enjoyed all of your presentations, and making my own was a real challenge.First, I did some research on the topic I had chosen to present, the history of film. I recollected information from different online sources and wrote a text of about 500 words, which I then divided into twenty paragraphs. After this I timed myself while reading the text, and realized I would have to make each paragraph much shorter so as not to exceed the established 20 seconds per slide. This was the most difficult part of the process. It is not easy to be concise while still being relevant and interesting.
After this I searched for the 20 pictures I would use in each slide. I tried to select those which would best complement my words. In my case, visuals were very helpful when describing equipment or places which many of us were most likely not familiar with. I appreciate the fact that this format does not allow the use of any kind of animation. Animating the slides is time consuming and completely unnecessary, and too many visual effects only prevent listeners form taking in what you are communicating. A single image is more than enough to get your point across and stimulate the audience.
Once the Power Point presentation was ready, all that was left to do was practise. This involved making sure that the timing was correct, which is not easy at all.
Of course giving this kind of presentation is something you get better at with experience, but I was very happy with the final result, and I enjoyed presenting my Pecha Kucha much more than I thought I would .

No comments:
Post a Comment